Our client is a leading engineering consultancy looking for a senior civil/structural engineer to support newly acquired Rail projects.
The role will involve designing lineside civils and structures and can be based in South London or at home.
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures.
- To have and maintain a working knowledge of the rail industry particularly from a design background in civil engineering.
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes.
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings.
- To follow the GRIP or RIBA stages as required by the client and have strong project governance and relevant technical ability.
- Contribute to work winning and preparation of bid documents
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, CAD and developing designs from first principles.
What you need to succeed
- Relevant HNC or degree.
- 7 years minimum post graduate experience.
- Previous CRE experience.
- Experience delivering designs for GRIP 2-5.
- Experience working within a rail civils’ environment.
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Chartered or working towards.
- PTS Qualifications (Lapsed competency considered).
What’s on offer
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- Opportunity to lead civil/structural discipline on projects and overall project leadership.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
- Opportunity to join an expanding business
- Competitive pension contribution.
- 24 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
- Opportunities for career progression.
After 6 month probation:
- Health cash plan
- Income protection insurance