Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Drainage Engineer for their Water Management team in their London office. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of increased project wins, they are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects, providing effective project management and technical input.
What you need to succeed
• Civil Engineering degree or similar
• Professionally qualified (ICE or CIWEM)
• Chartered Engineer (ideally)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of water based projects
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), ISIS, TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage.
• A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
• A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, maintenance work.