Our client is looking for a highly motivated Senior Geotechnical engineer, ready to take the next step in their career to become involved in their current projects and help further develop their skills and client base.
You will be joining an independent, award winning, multidisciplinary engineering consultancy, with a reputation for innovative and sustainable design, where you shall be working on a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, specialist geotechnical designs, education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and masterplanning, both in the UK and internationally.
- You will be joining a team of experienced engineers, to manage some of your work independently while collaborating with your colleagues in the design and delivery of the projects.
- You must be able to take the geotechnical lead on projects, demonstrate experience in the design and management of ground investigations, the preparation of thorough and considered interpretive geotechnical assessments, geotechnical design and modelling, and the provision of geotechnical advice to clients and colleagues.
- Design of civil engineering, geotechnical structures, the use of associated software and thorough knowledge of geotechnical design standards are essential.
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a focus towards geotechnical engineering modules. A structural engineering background with a focus on geotechnical engineering also considered.
- Five years or more experience within an engineering consultancy.
- Chartered status or close to applying.
- Strong interpretive report writing skills.
- Experience in the use of geotechnical software such as Plaxis, Wallap, Oasys suite (Pdisp, Xdisp, Alp) etc.
- A UK driving licence.
- Vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive.
- A questioning/ challenging approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Commercial and client focused approach
What’s on offer:
- Opportunity to work in a growing, sociable team on a large variety of interesting projects within the UK and abroad alongside a competitive salary and holiday allowance.
- Training and continuous development through both informal and formal paths towards chartership.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a Social Club, run by and for the staff, which organize leisure events (past events include go-karting, comedy club nights, interactive dining experiences and nightlife events) as well as corporate social responsibility activities including participation in local runs and fundraising for various charities