Our client is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, who provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy, and industry sectors, and working with contractors, international monetary funds, and developers.
They are involved in schemes at all stages of the life cycle including development; planning; detailed design; independent design checking; value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
They are proud of their global track record, providing technical solutions for many complex infrastructure, energy, and industry projects. Their experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels.
- Undertake and lead assignments in the UK and overseas.
- Technical design to DMRB Standards, as well as working to alternative standards on international projects as needed.
- Peer review others technical outputs.
- Producing high standard professional written technical reports.
- Liaising with Clients and Local Authorities; answering queries and responding to technical issues.
- Assisting in the planning and organisation of resources, to maximise fee income and utilisation.
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work product.
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery, and administration of Services.
- Assist in sourcing and developing business opportunities, securing business, and developing client relationships in the UK and overseas.
- Maintain strong relationships with other disciplines within the company.
- Assisting with the organisation and management of the technical staff, acting as a line manager, supporting staff recruitment, training, CPD and implementation of ‘Best Practice’ and procedures.
- Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership.
- Embrace organisational change and influence others to modify behaviour and attitudes as required.
- Have an understanding and awareness of the Company values and business plan and your contribution to both.
- Observe and maintain Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by your assignment or line manager.
What you need to succeed:
- Chartered (or near chartered) Civil Engineer with substantial experience with highways and/or light rail projects of various scale and design stages.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant national and international highway related standards (e.g. DMRB and Eurocodes), contracts (e.g. ICE, NEC, and FIDIC), methodologies and procedures.
- Familiarity with integration of light rail projects into urban roads.
- Pavement design experience.
- Road drainage design experience.
- Proficient in the use of MX or Open Roads.
- Light rail experience is advantageous.
- Experience should predominantly be in large-scale high-profile infrastructure projects, for a range of UK and international clients in various construction market sectors.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with other project sectors.
- Support Assignment Manager/Director in technical/highways/light rail engineering aspects of the projects
- People management experience e.g. general employee welfare, carrying our appraisals, and training.
- Strong skills and knowledge, undertakes tasks in a cogent manner involving the wider team as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate, listen and influence all levels of people effectively. Excellent reporting / writing and strong presentation skills
- Ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances whilst maintaining a clear view of overall priorities. Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met, whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- Excellent team working skills; able to lead, contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrates high standards, seeks to exceed client expectations, and create a collaborative and supportive environment. Mentoring skills to train and develop other engineers and technicians.
- Results orientated with a strong drive to deliver success, a proven ability to manage small – medium budgets, projects and programmes of work to agreed targets and priorities. Able to make timely, rational decisions with the information available and understands when to seek guidance and support.
- Self-motivated and committed, with a high degree of integrity.
- A team player who seeks to positively contribute to the working group with a collaborative attitude.
- Convincing in terms of a capacity to translate objectives into effective practical steps.
- Able to perform effectively within changing environments; demonstrates willingness and flexibility of availability to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates a strong need to achieve, setting high standards for self and others. Committed to the value of own role, takes initiative, and focuses on improving business performance.
- Commitment to own personal development.