Our client have identified a requirement for a Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer who specialises in civil infrastructure to support the expansion of their busy civil and infrastructure team.
Based within their Bristol office, situated in the historic centre, they encourage you to bring your skills and expertise to work on problem-solving engineering design solutions within the civil, strategic infrastructure planning, highway and drainage engineering sectors, to help drive the team forward and to support their increasing workload and growth plans.
Development of infrastructure design packages and scheme evolution including concept design, optioneering, detail design, specification, and construction support;
- Preparing S104 and S106 agreements with service providers and local authorities;
- Interpretation and discharge of planning conditions relating to, drainage, highways, and infrastructure works;
- Interpreting records and site information, such as utility clash detection analysis;
- Client and stakeholder liaison, both internally and externally;
- Production of technical memos, design reports, design packages, and drawings / models;
- Survey management and construction supervision.
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum 3-5 year’s post graduate proven experience, within the engineering sector working for a private sector design consultancy, construction contractor or public company;
- Project Management with an emphasis on time, cost, and scope management;
- Highways / drainage / infrastructure design, and familiarity with UK design standards and negotiation of S38 and S278 applications;
- Researching and applying UK engineering standards and guidance;
- Using design / drawing software, such as AutoCAD / Autodesk Civil 3D / Revit;
- Drainage network modelling within industrial, commercial, and residential environments, including coordinating with Civil 3D using packages such as MicroDrainage / Causeway Flow;
- Procuring and managing survey and construction contractors and overseeing activities on / off site.
- An approved or accredited academic qualification with a relevant professional engineering institution registered with the Engineering Council.
- They would also consider applicants with considerable relevant work experience, or
- A registered graduate or working toward professional status with a relevant professional engineering institution.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity where you will be working on some some extremely interesting and diverse projects covering a wide variety of schemes, that will give you the opportunity to take ownership and have the support to develop you own team, then get in touch for further information.