Our client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to design, detail and specify foul and surface water systems and detail and specify all hard paving and access roads. You will need to be a hands-on Engineer who can run a project including all design and drafting as required as well as organising others to detail and draft.
Client and Design Team Liaison
- Attend meetings with clients and the design team and record discussions and actions.
- Establish project briefs.
- Review project correspondence issued by the design team.
- Review drawn information issued by design team.
- Correspond with design team.
- Assign responsibilities to engineers and technicians. Determine programme for project execution and ensure that tasks are carried out in a timely and cost effective way.
- Delegate design and specification tasks to Project Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Undergraduate Trainee engineers. Review scope of calculations required.
Surveys and Reports
- Carry out surveys of existing constructions.
- Prepare written reports.
Design and Drawings
- Prepare concept designs.
- Develop concept designs through to completion.
- Prepare design calculations.
- Check design calculations prepared by others for numerical accuracy and engineering principle.
- Prepare sketches and drawings.
- Check drawings prepared by others for dimensional accuracy and engineering principle.
- Prepare specifications and check those prepared by others.
- Manage and programme project design and drawing tasks.
- Attend site progress meetings and record relevant discussions and actions.
- Inspect and report on construction progress and quality.
- Be observant of site Health and Safety issues.
- Fulfil the role of Project Engineer as described in the Quality Management System ensuring themselves and their subordinates follow all procedures.
Health and Safety
- Prepare design risk assessments to meet the requirements of the CDM Regulations.
- Encourage safe working methods for self and colleagues within and outside the office.
- Keep technically up to date and maintain Continuous Professional Development records.
- Provide on the job training of staff.
- Monitor project costs against fees to take responsibility for profitability of each commission.
What you need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered or Fellow member of the ICE or IStructE
- You must have a full UK driving licence
- Fluent with Windes (Microdrainage)
- Producing Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
- Dealing with Water Authorities for S106
- Build Over
- Adoption of public sewers