The infrastructure team of the Henley on Thames office is expanding and looking to recruit a talented and motivated Senior Infrastructure Technician to hit the ground running for 2024 and beyond.
For the right candidate, the current permanent employment opportunity offers a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package for permanent staff which includes training opportunities, reimbursement of professional fees, contributory pension, personal health care plan and life insurance, interest free rail season ticket loan, additional leave purchase and buy-back scheme, staff loyalty bonus.
• Preparation of highway and drainage design with a working knowledge of UK design standards is needed, together with the ability to balance several projects and meet project timetables. We currently have a varied workload ranging from large scale logistics developments in the commercial sector and residential schemes of varying scales, from pre-planning through to construction so the candidate would need to show experience in highways, external works, flood risk and drainage at all stages for these types of projects.
• Production of designs that can be incorporated to BIM Level 2 status would be beneficial, with the ability to undertake 3D coordination with the design team to ensure that internal project work can be released in IFC or similar format to the required site grid systems.
• The successful candidate would be encouraged to develop skills in liaison with client, design team and third-party representatives, attend meetings and ultimately develop skills to enable management of projects.
• Report writing skills (FRA, drainage strategy, specification etc.) would be beneficial.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Civil Engineering HNC
• A minimum of five years’ experience with an aspiration to gain ICE or CIHT Incorporated status, with internal and external training support provided.
• Candidates should have private sector experience and a working knowledge in the use of Civils3D, together with Microdrainage, Autocad and Autotrack (vehicle swept path analysis) and Navisworks.
• PDS line and sign design experience would also be beneficial.
• Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
• Good communication skills across disciplines
• Clean driving licence