We have taken an exciting opportunity with a large and independently owned multi-disciplinary engineering practice who pride themselves on valuing their people and therefore helping to create a unique and dynamic working environment.
They are currently on the lookout for a Senior / Principal Structural Engineer to join the existing structures team, which provides structural engineering support for a variety of projects primarily within the commercial, industrial, retail, education and residential sectors.
- Delivery of scheme and concept designs
- Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
- Preparation of calculation packages for submission to Building Control
- Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
- Attendance at client, design and site meetings
- Management and development of less experienced engineers and technicians
- Preparation of fee proposals, input into project bids and ITTs
- Seeking and taking opportunities to develop your brand and ours at relevant events.
What you need to succeed
- Degree in Civil or structural engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Ideally 10 years’ of experience in building structures design in the UK
- Developing marketing/business development skills
- Experience of running and managing projects (including delivery and commercial aspects)
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
- Understanding of BIM requirements up to and including level 2
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a blend of office and home working to suit individual needs.