Our client is an award winning engineering consultancy specialising in structural and civil design. They offer a broad range of services within the construction industry, covering all sectors including commercial, education, industrial, hotel and leisure, medical, residential, restoration, civil and retail.
What you need to succeed
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years’ technical experience
- Familiar working with all major construction materials (steel, concrete, masonry and timber)
- Be comfortable working with other technicians as well as working independently
- Understanding detailing standards/requirements from concept to construction and detailing standards at each stage
- Knowledge of BIM process and working procedures and will be able to support the CAD/BIM Manager in their role
- Competent use of Revit & AutoCAD
- Ability to work on projects of various sizes from small domestic buildings to multi-storey developments
- Experience in a range on different projects across all key sectors
- Excellent communication skills being comfortable with a client-facing role, coordinating and attending meetings to represent the business
- Excellent coordination skills to work with architects and other principal consultants to ensure the right design solution
- Capable of mentoring junior technicians
- Able to work autonomously with a requirement to only report back on progress
- Knowledge and experience with BIM process.