Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual with strong technical skills and good knowledge of structural behaviour to join their busy Manchester office. They are currently working on the designs and assessments of several schemes in the UK and worldwide.
You will undertake structural design on a wide variety of civil and structural engineering projects within the commercial, residential, industrial and education sectors on projects up to £15 million in value.
Required Skills/ Experience
- You will hold a relevant engineering degree
- Be chartered or working towards your chartership status through IStructE or ICE
- Design experience and structural analysis skills in all common structural materials including steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Proficient in relevant engineering design software
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage your own workload to meet client requirements and project timeframes and manage project engineers and technicians accordingly
- Confidently represent the company at meetings and liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
- Experience managing a team of Engineers
- Write accurate reports and project documentation