An established multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in Bristol are looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to their talented team. Working on a mix of residential (including high-end), education, commercial and historic projects, they are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Engineer to join their expanding business.
The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced Structural Engineer with at least six years’ post-grad experience. Preferably you will be a Chartered Structural Engineer, however they are fully supportive of Engineers pursuing chartership and will be happy to support this path. As part of their commitment to employees, as part of any offer you can expect to have a career plan agreed to maximise your potential and career development.
You should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate projects and communicate effectively with design team members, and be technically competent with the modelling and draughting of structures to current design standards. The candidate should also be a Structural Engineer with the ability to both work autonomously and provide guidance to junior team members.
Candidates will be versed in independently managing projects including attending meetings with contractors, architects and clients. Any successful candidate will be required to work with other engineers and technicians. You will be joining an established and successful consultancy with a buoyant order book.
What you need to succeed:
- MEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered (or working towards) with the IStructE
- Six years’ experience as Structural Engineer in a UK design consultancy
- Experience designing either residential, commercial, education and or historic projects
- Software experience with Tekla Structural Designer, Tedds, MasterSeries and AutoCAD
- Ability to deliver projects through to completion, and work within a multidisciplinary consultancy
- Working within a multidisciplinary consultancy
- Experience working with steel or concrete structures essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence in front of clients and able to lead with both existing clients and new