Our client is an independent award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The sectors in which they work include education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration, and master planning, and they work both in the UK and internationally.
They are looking for a Senior Transport Planners with a minimum of 5 years ‘experience in Transport Planning to work in their busy Bristol and Surrey offices.
They have opportunities with their growing Highways & Transport team to contribute to the design of transport planning, transport strategies or road safety audits, among others. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an award winning multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery.
Key skills or prior knowledge of
- Travel Planning
- Master planning
- Road collision data analysis
- Public Transport strategies (Bus and Rail)
- Ability to produce Transport Assessments, Statements and Plans independently
- Significant experience in TRICS database and matrix creation for traffic distribution purposes
- Junction capacity analysis (Junctions 9 & LinSig)
- Conversant with highway layouts and design (horizontal and vertical alignment) and understanding the Road Safety Audit process and mechanisms for delivering highway works
- Competent in using AutoCAD/AutoTRACK
- Parking layouts
- Parking surveys
- Communicating with clients, local authority officers, the public and other engineers
- Assist in mentoring Graduate members of the team
- Highways experience is desirable but not essential.
What they are looking for
They encourage their staff to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. They recognise that people are the key to their success and ensure that they provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential.
What you need to succeed
- A questioning/ challenging approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
- Applicants should preferably be a member of CIHT or ICE.
Working for them
You will be joining a multidisciplinary engineering Practice where your career will blossom from day one. You will be surrounded by a great team of engineers with excellent mentoring support from very experienced professionals. They also offer competitive salaries, holidays and other entitlements.
They are committed to the training and personal development of our staff. They have a comprehensive training scheme fully accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
They have a very active social club run by the staff for the staff which you will be invited to join. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.