Our client requires a Structural Design Engineer who wants to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere in Croydon.
Their projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, schools/ Universities, contractors, developers etc.
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, we now have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to join their significant (50 Structural Engineers over four UK locations), experienced and talented Structures Team.
Working for this company you will receive excellent benefits including Private Health Care, a generous Company Pension scheme, car allowance, 25 days holiday (increasing with years’ service) and an excellent work life balance
You will be responsible for providing a wide range of structural engineering services under the direction of the Team Manager, including the following:-
- Prepare outline designs for structural schemes
- Carry out detailed design calculations to up-to-date British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes
- Manage the technicians undertaking detailed design drawings and preparing specifications for tender purposes
- Liaise with the design team and client throughout the project and monitor progress and quality during the construction phase
- Carry out general structural advice and analysis analyse supporting the multidisciplinary business on diverse buildings and advise on any issues that may arise
What you need to succeed
- Ideally a degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline as well as professional registration such as the ICE or IStructE.
- Minimum of 2 years structural design experience
- Working towards chartership