Our client is a leading privately-owned multi-award-winning Energy Consultancy and Building Services Design Consultancy with offices in Reading, London, Bristol and Tonbridge. Since inception, they have won numerous industry awards and worked with some of the world’s top brands and well-known development projects. They are currently working on projects with a total GDV of £3billion+ with our largest project having a construction value of £100m.
Driven by the executive board, they have ambitious growth plans and require a dynamic and ambitious candidate to join and lead our expanding team. You must be a natural self-starter and a good communicator with commercial and business development acumen. You must adopt a technically compliant and commercial attitude to projects with a strong focus on nurturing client relationships. Running through the veins of our business is a focus on engineering excellence and a passion for sustainable buildings, innovation and disruptive technologies.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Building sustainability/Building physics/Environmental engineering.
We are looking for someone with a passion for sustainability and the desire to learn. You will have a good grounding in sustainable building design and energy policy/legislation to drive the company’s growth plans. We offer the potential for you to develop your career further within this interesting and unique organisation.
- Assist our sustainability team and associated services proposition
- Liaise with project teams on contract award to highlight BREEAM requirements
- Undertake Energy Statements and Energy Modelling Simulations for planning applications and lead responses to clients/local authorities
- Undertake Daylight/Sunlight/Overshadowing Assessments
- Complex Thermal Modelling analysis to assist with Environmental design
- Develop and build relationships with industry peers, consultants and Clients
What you need to succeed – Essential:
- Engineering or Environmental Degree qualified
- Knowledge of energy assessments for SAP and SBEM (commercial EPCs) Accreditation in at least one
- Awareness of BREEAM, Understanding or part L requirements and the London Plan to undertake energy statements.
- Proficiency in using CAD, Sketchup
- Good understanding of reading architectural drawings
- Good understanding of Daylight and Sunlight assessment and BRE guideline
- The capacity to work autonomously and proactively.
- Attention to detail.
What you need to succeed – Preferable:
- Familiarity in using IES VE
- Competent using IES for thermal modelling for Energy Assessments
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience in delivering daylight/sunlight/overshadowing analysis and internal daylight assessment, using Sketch-up and IES-VE.
What’s on offer:
- Market competitive salary, bonus, and pension
- Dynamic and fast paced but talent nurturing environment
- A structured CPD programme 1-2 per month
- Full training and support for professional memberships
- Food and coffee is our fuel; We have Foodie Thursdays every month, free company fruit-bowl, and are coffee snobs
- Company expensed staff social events, Bi-annual company review days and dress down Fridays