Ambitious to lead a team? Are you an experienced Structural Engineer, thrive in being “hands-on” but eager for that opportunity to develop others and take the next step in your progression? Our client is a respected multidisciplinary practice in Poole looking to appoint a Technical Director for their Structures team.
With several offices across the country, we are working to identify a Technical Director who can lead and grow the Structures team in their Poole office of this multi-disciplinary consultancy.
They are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer with the ability to manage multiple projects, successfully lead the Structures team, whilst developing client relations, working across a broad spectrum of both private and public sector clients.
You will hold responsibility for the Structures team, displaying business development acumen and leadership skills to reaffirm you are the person to help drive this business forward.
What you need to Succeed:
- Experience across residential, commercial, education, industrial, health and retail sectors
- Competent in front of clients and able to lead with both existing clients and new
- Producing structural design calculations, drawings & specifications
- Ability to deliver projects through to completion
- Experience working with steel, concrete, masonry and timber structures essential
- Proficient with Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS and/or MasterSeries
- Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ideally Chartered with iStructE, or Incorporated.