Are you a Bridge design expert looking to take the next step in your career?
Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design?
Our client have grown to become a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Located close to Redhill train station, the office is ideally situated close to the town’s bustling retail and leisure hubs. Their welcoming and diverse team is working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in Redhill, across the UK and around the world.
They are seeking to strengthen their Civil & Bridge Engineering team and are looking for a Technical Director to focus on operational aspects as well as working on business development, bidding, and winning work to maintain the required utilisation.
The Civil Structure and Bridges team is busy with highway and rail bridge and other civil engineering structural engineering work for a variety of clients, including local authorities, private developers, and public sector clients. Current work includes bridge inspection and assessment, feasibility studies, and detailed design.
- Reporting to the Regional Director(RD) and provide support to the RD in all aspects of operation, project delivery, client relationship and business development.
- Responsible for actively working towards winning new work, workload forecasting and planning of resources.
- Develop / maintain excellent client relationships ensuring repeat business and client satisfaction. You will also be responsible for the preparation of bids, marketing material and business development activities
- Work closely with colleagues at a senior level and will need high people skills. You will need to understand the services that they can offer, and proactively integrate these for the best client delivery.
- Assist the RD in leading the Safety, Quality and Environmental agenda together with the development of technical excellence, through training, mentoring, project reviews and knowledge sharing
- Involved in the project management and technical leadership / delivery of schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client.
What you need to succeed:
- Chartered engineer (MICE or MIStructE) of extensive and significant varied experience, with considerable post professional experience in civil and structural engineering.
- Project management and technical delivery lead of medium to large schemes, with detailed experience of National Highways and/or Network Rail procedures essential
- Knowledge and experience in contracts and contractual issues
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance, and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of structures. This should include new build, maintenance, assessment and strengthening of bridges and civil structures infrastructure
- Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to structural schemes and/or Network Rail design procedures.
- Experience of design in or assessment of steel, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete structures
- Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software package
- Excellent communication, client handling and leadership essential
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Fantastic training and development culture
- Access to mentoring support from industry experts
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
- ICE Training Agreement
- Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
- Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates